Learning At Heart

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! --- We aim to grow and learn together as a family. Homeschooling, learning by doing, and allowing independence is how we raise our children. Son has been our joy for seven years and Daughter has joined us just this year but has captured our hearts.

“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.” ― C.S. Lewis


So week one down, thirty-five to go. All in all, I am happy with the way things went this week. I know not all weeks will go this well, but I hope most of them will be on par with it.

Today was tests day, and I am considering making every test on a Friday, just because it means we get done  with the day quicker and on to the weekend sooner. Son passed all four tests that he had today and did pretty well in the subjects we didn't test in. I was a little worried with how he would do, but my son the sponge managed to soak up all the information he needed.  We also had our first not at home homeschool hour at the library. Son got his very own library card and is pretty jazzed about it.

I've gotten a bit more done on my cross-stitch piece, I usually work on it while Son is working on his school work and while feeding Daughter, so it is kind of slow going. I am really enjoying having my hand busy with it. I also checked out a book from the library on raising sheep, though it will really be a long time before we will be able to get any, I still want to find out if it is something I will actually enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment