Learning At Heart

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! --- We aim to grow and learn together as a family. Homeschooling, learning by doing, and allowing independence is how we raise our children. Son has been our joy for seven years and Daughter has joined us just this year but has captured our hearts.

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


Week two here we come.
Sundays are my lay about and sleep until I want days, when Husband takes care of Son, and Daughter and I just cuddle in the bedroom (the great thing about having a 3 month old is they sleep near as much as I can.) Son got to spend time on the computer, something we don't allow much of during the week, learned that the hard way last year. It was ridiculously hot outside today when we tried to grill burgers for lunch (someone got antsy and put them on the grill too soon and the coals went out, I wound up finishing them up on the stove.)

Working on the plan book right now, then will be getting tomorrows supplies organized. Trying to come up with an activity to do this week for fun, thinking maybe making rock candy (though I haven't been very successful with it in the past.)

My weekend goal is to get some sand paper and paint to refinish (or at least start the process of) the dressers. Possibly Mod Podge and a poster or magazines for Sons. Oh the possibilities! Husband wants to do a Craigslist free section sweep (crossing fingers for something good.)

Okay, I am done procrastinating taking a break time to get back to planning the week.

Edit: Planbooking for the week is done. Have a look, it's an organized mess! I am still in the phase of worrying over putting more or less information in it, since generally it will only be me who sees it, but in the terrible off chance we get audited by the state I am not sure exactly how much they will want me to put in. I guess I have a research project for the week. I like to hand write this out for now, because it is pretty easy to make changes to, plus not having more stuff to print off (see: pay for) is better especially if I have a lot of changes, also I just love writing with pencils.

Also here is the garland of last weeks work. I use paint swatches to write down each lesson on, and stick it in the box with the work. Son seems to like it, and it helps with things like reading a certain chapter while I am in the other room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment