Learning At Heart

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! --- We aim to grow and learn together as a family. Homeschooling, learning by doing, and allowing independence is how we raise our children. Son has been our joy for seven years and Daughter has joined us just this year but has captured our hearts.

“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” ― Oscar Wilde


   First day went great! I had been getting more and more anxious as it drew closer and I really had nothing to worry over.  Even with Husband getting home from work early, we were able to stay on track and get school done before lunch (which I did not expect because I had planned more than I thought we would actually get to, at the very least I thought we would be back at work after lunch). Last year was a hassle as we did school in the living room, so when Husband got home and started on his computer or doing whatever, Son would get totally thrown off and we wouldn't get much more accomplished. So very glad to have a dedicated room this year.

Loved the work boxes! He liked them as well. Started with Spelling, then worked through each one. So much easier having it all set up like that than setting up each lesson as it comes up.

Yesterday, we went to Office Depot and printed all of the worksheets that I have collected from the internet. It was nearly 100 pages for the first month (though I have already started collecting more I need for weeks three and four.)  Still trying to convince Husband I need a laserjet printer for home (used of course), maybe he will get the idea with the twice a month printing trips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment